Whales of entertaining us as they enjoy the Maui Waters. Here’s a great drone video completed by Clint Hansen. Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: maui whale
Great Whale Count
Since 1991 the Great Whale Count happens annually at the end of February using citizen scientists. The whale count is used as a tool to monitor changes in the whale population from year to year.
This years whale count was held Saturday February 28. The count for 2015 was 1,488 whales. This is up from last years total of 1,331 whales. Of the totals, 7% were calves down 2% from last years total of 9%. Many thanks to those citizen scientists who were out in windy and sometimes rainy weather.
Registration for next years count starts in January 2016 with the event happening on February 27, 2016. For more information, please visit the Maui Whale Festival.
You must be logged in to post a comment.