THE SHOPS AT WAILEA CHARGES FOR PARKING!
In regards to The Shops parking plan, they still have to submit final plans to WCA but it has been approved by the County. This is what we know so far:
- They plan to start May 1, 2015 and Employees will pay $1.50 per exit (a full-time employee working 5 days a week will spend a minimum of $30/mo.-more if they leave the property more than once per day).
- There will be a grace period of 20 minutes (maybe longer).
- Tenants will pay $1 ea. for validation cards for customers; however, store tenants do not have to participate.
- A minimum purchase may be required and may vary per store.
- Parking charge is $6 per half hour, $42 for all day. WOW!
- Kiosks will be used to acquire an exit ticket. 5 kiosks located at the 5 access points of the Shops. Customer must take original ticket and validation to kiosk to receive exit ticket. You will have 10-15 minutes to exit once you get exit ticketEntry/Exit is unmanned, all automated.