5th Annual Maui County Ag Festival 2012 This Saturday, April 7th from 9am to 4pm at the Maui Tropical Plantation
This year, Maui agriculture, education and hospitality will come together in unprecedented ways to present the edibles that are grown on Maui. Hosted by Maui County Farm Bureau in partnership with Maui County Office of Economic Development and supported by many generous sponsors, the festival provides the one-stop experience of the wondrous impact of agriculture in day-to-day life.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FESTIVAL:
- Grown on Maui Farmer’s Market: A&B Foundation presents Maui’s largest farmers market.
- Grand Taste Education: Slow Food Maui presents 12 farmers/chef stations.
- Keiki Zone: Maui Thing presents a full day of fun. Kula Country Farms presents Maui’s Grand Easter Egg Hunt
- Nutrition: Whole Foods Market Kahului presents Keiki in the Kitchen and Wellness Series.
- Maui Food Technology Center presents “Maui Food Product to Market Contest”
- Maui Flower Growers Association presents the first annual “Maui Floral Designers Competition”
- Livestock: Maui Cattle Co. presents a livestock exhibit.
Plus: Ag in the Classrooms, Entertainment, Ag Allies, Localicious, Eat Maui, Victory Farm
Admission to the festival is free -Grand Taste Education cost $25 through April 5 and are available for puchase at http://www.mauicountyfarmbureau.org/ or www.slowfoodmaui.org. Tickets will be $30 at the door. (Grand Taste Education loated at the Ag Festival from 10am to 2pm.)